Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Psycho Yellow Chromis!!!

My yellow chromis is attacking my clown and blue damsel to the point they have bite marks on their tails and fins. She is also biting at my xenia. She has to Go!!!!! I have tried to catch her but no luck, only made her more crazy. Will I have to renove most of my rock?? Does anyone have any ideas?????

Old 09-16-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Probably.

In the past I had 105pds of LR in my 75g. What I did was get a tank devider from the lfs for about 5 bucks, and move a little rock so I could put it down to the bottom. I coaxed the fish to one side, then I drop it down trapping the fish in 1/4 of the tank. I then moved LR over from that side to the other, until I could get it.

Now though with more coral and 150pds of LR. I had to catch some fish, and you guessed it, the whol reef had to come down, and most all the lr out into rubbermaid containers. HTH!

Old 09-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just noticed you had a nano. It should be easy enough, but you will mor than likely have to move rock.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

If you can't snag her while feeding, removing the rock would be best. What 5 - 8 lbs? Shouldn't take but 5 minutes

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:43 AM   #5

Quote:
If you can't snag her while feeding, removing the rock would be best. What 5 - 8 lbs? Shouldn't take but 5 minutes
austinsdad...I have probally 20+ lbs of rock total and of course it is aquascaped just the way I want it. As last resort I will remove rock. I've done some research the last hour and I know this sounds rough but I saw somewhere that you can actually catch small chromis with fly hook and mysis shrimp. 8O Anyone with any experience with this?
Old 09-17-2004, 01:50 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Why not try to a piece of plexiglass... it is pretty cheap and you can cut it real easily. Just make as deep a slice in the glass as possible and then break it along the seam. You could try to push the fish into a smaller area until you can capture it. Def better than hooking it in my opinion.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #7

Thanks for all the input....I went home to see the chromis fighting with my clown and said thats it. I reluctantly took apart my reef and netted her. I hope she finds a happier home through the LFS. I think maybe subcauntiously I wanted to play in the tank and re-aquascape 'cause I like the new look better. I will miss Amarillo.

Tags
chromis

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com