Psycho Yellow Chromis!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norefer4me

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My yellow chromis is attacking my clown and blue damsel to the point they have bite marks on their tails and fins. She is also biting at my xenia. She has to Go!!!!! I have tried to catch her but no luck, only made her more crazy. Will I have to renove most of my rock?? :( Does anyone have any ideas?????

Probably.

In the past I had 105pds of LR in my 75g. What I did was get a tank devider from the lfs for about 5 bucks, and move a little rock so I could put it down to the bottom. I coaxed the fish to one side, then I drop it down trapping the fish in 1/4 of the tank. I then moved LR over from that side to the other, until I could get it.

Now though with more coral and 150pds of LR. I had to catch some fish, and you guessed it, the whol reef had to come down, and most all the lr out into rubbermaid containers. HTH! :wink:

I just noticed you had a nano. It should be easy enough, but you will mor than likely have to move rock. :)

If you can't snag her while feeding, removing the rock would be best. What 5 - 8 lbs? Shouldn't take but 5 minutes

austinsdad...I have probally 20+ lbs of rock total and of course it is aquascaped just the way I want it. :D As last resort I will remove rock. :cry: I've done some research the last hour and I know this sounds rough but I saw somewhere that you can actually catch small chromis with fly hook and mysis shrimp. 8O Anyone with any experience with this?

Why not try to a piece of plexiglass... it is pretty cheap and you can cut it real easily. Just make as deep a slice in the glass as possible and then break it along the seam. You could try to push the fish into a smaller area until you can capture it. Def better than hooking it in my opinion.

Thanks for all the input....I went home to see the chromis fighting with my clown and said thats it. I reluctantly took apart my reef and netted her. I hope she finds a happier home through the LFS. :( I think maybe subcauntiously I wanted to play in the tank and re-aquascape 'cause I like the new look better. I will miss Amarillo.

Back
Top Bottom