Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any puffer that wouldn't eat cleaner shrimp? Or do they all eat inverts? Would they be fine with starfish?

I don't think so, I have heard stories of some that can exist with inverts but its at a risk. Mine is ok with snails (any kind) but would tear apart shrimps and crabs...

Not at all. Puffers feed mainly on crustacean a like shrimp. They also eat snails.

Any puffer can eat any crustaceans. If one puffer has not eaten a certain crustacean yet, then it means that it doesn't know how tasty that certain crustacean can be. IMO it has to do a lot of curiosity - the more curious, the more likely an expensive meal will happen.

I might have an idea. Acclimate a figure 8 puffer to full marine water if it's possible and get some large cleaner shrimp.

Figure 8 do not belong in marine water, but I've seen it happen. I never found out the results.

A 2 inch figure 8 can still pick at a larger crustacean to death. Try at your own risk.

Back
Top Bottom