puffer fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was thinking ot getting a puffer but im not sure if its a good idea as i have fuzzy mushrooms,alsortedcolured mushrooms,toadstool,golfbal,toch,buttoncorals,a sponge and a few different little trees i also have a blue-tang,chromie,banana-wrass,2 gobies,linkia star,cricket-ball and a snow-flake eel is this a bad idea 2 get 1 as my tank is pretty happy and i dont wont 2 upset it ive head that they eat corals true/false,should i get another tank,also what about anemone's i would like put 1 in aswell thanks

I had a dogface puffer, put 100#'s of rock from another tank in the 100 gal. he was in. The rock had assorted mushrooms that I had been watching reproduce for months. He destroyed them, thus "dog" as I called him,found a new home quickly.

IMO its always a gamble.. different fish will have different temperaments.. regarding aggressive species generally anything that can fit into their mouth should be considered as food, whether that be a trigger, lionfish or puffer..

Here is my dogface, he is pretty friendly with his current tankmates. But as of now, no live rock, only bones :(

DSC_3737.JPG

IMO no puffersin a reef tank...
Anemones need a mature tank with proper lighting and great water quality... tell us about your tank.

Back
Top Bottom