Pukani rock from Bulk Reef Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wondering if anyone has ordered rock from them? I order a bunch of random stuff for all 3 of my tanks and today I got one box delivered with one HUGE rock at least 25 pounds. I ordered 25 pounds of the pukani dry rock and it has an option to pick the large pieces or regular pieces and I picked regular. Also the minimum pounds for the 20"+ rocks was 30 pounds. Just wondering if anyone else ordered the pukani rock with the same issue.

Haha I just wasn't expecting this planet sized one! Lol. I doubt it'll even fit in the cube I'm getting but we shall see!

Nice huge chunk of rock. :) WOuld have looked good in my 180g. lol

Glad they are sending you replacement rock, BRS is very good.

Yeah I highly recommend them. No questions asked, just replaced it. The rock looks smaller in that pic. It's literally 19" across.

Cure this thing really well. This rock will be full of leaching phosphates. I've been doing a lot of reading about hobbyists' experience with this rock.

I got 60#s for my 40 breeder and could only put maybe 35#s in it. I then traded a 19# piece to my lfs for smaller already cured live rock. As far as phosphates leaching I cured mine in a 32 gal brute for about 1 1/2 months while collecting the rest of the pieces for my system testing weekly I never saw any phosphates. Not sure if I got lucky but it worked out well for me. Good luck!

I've been using base rock for years and have never had anything leech. I rinse and toss it in and have never had any problems.

Can someone come over and rinse this for me? Lol. I need two people to hold it and spin it while I shoot it with the hose! Lol. I highly doubt it'll fit in my tank that I'm picking up Saturday.

I've been using base rock for years and have never had anything leech. I rinse and toss it in and have never had any problems.

Pakuni is different from the other 2 rocks offered by brs. They write in bold letters stating these rocks do have phosphates since they come from the ocean. I dont remember The other 2 rocks having such descriptions. There was a long thread in RC regarding this issue.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Now I'm frustrated because I went back and forth deciding which rock to buy and I said I'm not buying the phosphate one but I think I mistook it for the reef saver. How do I cure this then?

Never mind. I'll look for a thread on it. I might just not set up this tank anymore because I've run into so many problems and wasted so much money already. My other two reefs didn't give me any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom