Pulsing xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marco V said:
Just checked my GSP's , they also have been nipped at .

It's all on the fish personality sounds like you have that 1 out of 10 tang that likes to munch on corals. I'd try to keep him full on seaweed all the time or trade him out for a different one.

I have about 7 or 8 small (3-4") frags of Kenya Tree and I have never seen my Yellow tang nipping at them. I also have a large Green Star Polyp (appx 12"x6") that he never touches. Sounds to me like he isn't getting enough food. I'm not saying to feed him more, just whenever you feed him, watch and see how much he actually eats. Maybe he has a more "expensive taste" for Xenias...lol

tchampion said:
I have about 7 or 8 small (3-4") frags of Kenya Tree and I have never seen my Yellow tang nipping at them. I also have a large Green Star Polyp (appx 12"x6") that he never touches. Sounds to me like he isn't getting enough food. I'm not saying to feed him more, just whenever you feed him, watch and see how much he actually eats. Maybe he has a more "expensive taste" for Xenias...lol

Try putting nori or another algae on a clip for it to nip at throughout the day tangs need to graze

The problem was a damsel from hell , i ended up removing all my Rock to get the lil bugger out .

Tangs rarely eat the polyps, but they do peck around at them trying to remove tasty bits of algae. Buy some Nori from a Chinese market and they will grow fat and lazy.

Back
Top Bottom