Pulsing Xenia question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayna

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering how do i get my pulsing xenia to attatch to another rock and start growing on it? does it do it on its own? or do i have to cut a peice off?

I just inherited a few of these myself, nice addition!
I put the small LR with Xenia's close to my large LR and those little guys have already attached. In a few days I'll just cut them and move the rest on the small rock to the other side and do it again.

now this is propbably gonna be a silly question. but how do you cut them? i thought it was bad to put metal in your aquarium water...

You dont need to cut them off. They will eventually break off from the mother stock. Just place them close to a new rock so the stock is always touching the new rock and it will attach very soon. You should put the mother towords the top of the tank because the xenia will keep spreading and grow up so if its at the bottom then it will grow and cover the whole rock in a couple months

hmm i wish mine would attach, i've had mine for 2 months heres wat it looks like

i've tried moving it to other places but it seems happiest in the spot its in.

xenia.jpg

put it on a rock thats under another rock so that the stock touches the above rock (). kinda where the period is and just give it time. Mine took about 2 weeks then just took off completely until the 2 hurricanes killed(yes killed most of it, it can happen)

Back
Top Bottom