pump advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimailer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is what I have 150 gal reef with 2x 1" overflows a 30 gal sump. In this sump are 2x the new type 4000HH Quite one pumps. I'm pumping to 5' with each pump going to one side, I do have all pipe hooked together with a ball valve incase of one of the pumps dies. I think total flow is about 1200 to 1400gph. The problem heat, pumps are about 3/4 in the water.
Here is what I'm thinking of doing Installing one Dolphin Amp Master 3000 into the line. I'll take one of the 4000HH pumps out and let the other one stay but not running with ball valve shut incase of a fail of the Amp Master pump.
Here comes my questions. Does anyone use Amp Master pumps and are they any good? My sump is glass so I can't drill it, Will the amp Master pull water up 2' on the intake side? What will this do to the flow rate? The output of the pump is 1.5" I'm going to T it the a 3/4 line I think this should be OK because 3/4 + 3/4 is 1.5" same as the out put. Well let me know what you think. I've read that Amp Masters are very quite pumps and I think it's max head is 17'

Back
Top Bottom