Pump sizing aka adequate flow rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Master plumber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So here is the story I have a 90 gallon reef tank on my first floor and a 40 gallon breeder tank in the basement in my office I am trying to combine the sumps for these two tanks in the basement next to my office now the major problem I am having is that I cannot find a pump to give me adequate gallons per hour to my 90 gallon display tank on the first floor
I am trying to just have one return pump from my sump to the other two tanks The second question is what is a acceptable gallon per hour flow rate for my 90 gallon tank everyone I ask online and locally gives me different answers the answer I most commonly get is more is better I am trying to shoot for 1000 gallons an hour as of right now I want to say my filtration is at about 600 gallons per hour any extra input would be greatly appreciated

As a note my main display tank to the sump is approximately 15 feet straight up from the pump

Just the breeder small 20 refugium to follow but that's about it thinking desperate pump for that

Find out what the pw200 is after 15 feet of head and you will have a pretty good idea which pump you need.

Back
Top Bottom