Purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to put some purigen in my sump can I get a recommendation on how to put it in there???????

If you have the means, put it in a reactor! :) that way you know for sure that water is passing through it and not just around it.

+1 to reactor. You can put a lot more into the reactor too. The reactor is only a cylinder where you put filtration mass, and where water flow with a pump. So you sure the water is passing through it.

The more water moving through it the better. Under your return pipe is a good choice to make as much of the water in your system passes through it as possible if there are no reactor on your system.

The more water moving through it the better. Under your return pipe is a good choice to make as much of the water in your system passes through it as possible if there are no reactor on your system.

I don't have a sump, but I guess if you put it under the return pipe it will be ok for short term, but IMO it should be put after the mecanical filtration step... The waste from the unfiltrated water will eventually clog the bag...

I made a homemade reactor it has no3 and po4 remover

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395111358.617942.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395111358.617942.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 109
Yes it's an ocean spray bottle with PVC a shut off valve and a water mover that pulls the water into it

you can see the pump at the bottom of the white tube and the wholes at the top of the bottle. That's pretty cool actually, I have an extra pump......hmmmm.......

Back
Top Bottom