Purple Lobster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Tang 2

Aquarium Advice Activist
My cyling process should be done in the next 3 weeks.But i was wondering if someone has own a purple lobster before?I was thinking maybe getting one but i have heard it can eat small and medium size fish.In march i will get a valentini puffer but he only gets 4 inches so i dont want him to get eat by the lobster.So do you think eat can eat my fish and my inverts?Plus after the cycling process how many inverts can i put in my tank?

RE: LiveAquaria : described as peaceful, and it will ignore sleeping Wrasses or healthy fish within the aquarium. Caution must be taken when incorporating into a reef aquarium, as it may harm small fish and invertebrates

I`ve had one for 6 yrs now. IME Mine has not taken out any fish or corals. I really dont know about inverts because I really dont keep up with numbers since I have so many. But here is the flip side. If you are getting a Reef lobster to watch him then you`ll be surely disapointed. I have seen mine probably 5 times in 6 yrs. They hide in the daytime and move around at night. They hide in your LR. If you are satisfied like me knowing that he`s there doing his janitor work then you`ll be OK but if you are getting him to be the showpiece of your tank you are going to be disapointed. Here is mine at night after lights out from several months ago. Not a good pick I know but they dont come out in the open for nothing.

100_1948.jpg

I`ve had one for 6 yrs now. IME Mine has not taken out any fish or corals. I really dont know about inverts because I really dont keep up with numbers since I have so many. But here is the flip side. If you are getting a Reef lobster to watch him then you`ll be surely disapointed. I have seen mine probably 5 times in 6 yrs. They hide in the daytime and move around at night. They hide in your LR. If you are satisfied like me knowing that he`s there doing his janitor work then you`ll be OK but if you are getting him to be the showpiece of your tank you are going to be disapointed. Here is mine at night after lights out from several months ago. Not a good pick I know but they dont come out in the open for nothing.

100_1948.jpg
Thanks for the info.Now this is the inverts i would like to put in my tank.1 arrow crab,1 eletric blue crab, 1 camel shrimp,1 banded coral shrimp,1 purple lobster.Do you think that all of these will get along?

I have 2 in my tank now for a year. They have not done any harm to any fish or invertebrates but as the previous post mentioned dont expect to ever see them.Several times now I was convinced that the lobsters were dead only to spot them in the middle of the night

I have 2 in my tank now for a year. They have not done any harm to any fish or invertebrates but as the previous post mentioned dont expect to ever see them.Several times now I was convinced that the lobsters were dead only to spot them in the middle of the night
Ok i still need to know if all the inverts i want can get along

I would be hesitant on the camel shrimp and the arrow crab, as to how many the general rule would be 1 crab per gallon and 1 snail per 1.5 gal

That arrow can and will spear fish/inverts.

Back
Top Bottom