Purple Mushrooms taking over! Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffw85

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My LFS so kindly introduced about 20 Purple mushrooms to my tank about 6 months ago. The 20 have become 200 and still increasing. They are covering all my rock and as I get ready to transfer to my new 175 bow I wish to contain these to just a couple rocks as I will be introducing more corals now.

Is there as easy way to remove these buggers. They are pretty but I don't want a whole tank of them. I know they can be cut and even propogated but if I razor them aren't they just gonna grow back? I've plucked several already but it seems not a pratical way to remove them--half of them shred more or less.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Trade me a 2 lb rock and you'll get more than you bargained for. I can get it to Indy for free.

Trade me a 2 lb rock and you'll get more than you bargained for. I can get it to Indy for free.

Want to try a Cali shipment? What could I send you ? I just would like a super small rock with a few on it. I don't have much...If your intrested I'll show you what I do have that Icould frag for yo !

Sounds like you have quite the business opportunity. Maybe get a bunch of rubble, grow the shrooms on it and sell back to the LFS or on ebay...

I have rock to trade and we can drive met if you like I am near ohio indiana border

email is kidkameleon3@yahoo.com let me know that would be great

hell icould make it this sunday even if you wanted ? or perhaps monday

To all those interested in these mushrooms--Never imagined this kind of response--I'll do what I can to hook you all up with some--Don't worry they aren't going anywhere. I'll need to arrange some rock trades however--I can pluck 1 out of 3 successfully but I'm not sure if they would transfer well. I'd rather send them out with the rock.

Give me about 3 or four days to get back with you all. I am in the middle of trying to get my 175 bow up and running and have about 120lbs of newly arrived LR that I can't place in the new tank yet--Still waiting for it to clear and my beautiful LR ain't smellin so hot right now.

It's in circulating trash cans and changing the water in it daily. Definitely some die off. Hoping to get it placed in the tank Tues where I'll have a massive skimmer running and water changes will be a little more manageable.

FYI--The Old castle Playsand is quite beautiful but I would highly suggest rinsing it in a huge way before using it. It is so powdery that (2) 1200 gph pumps keep it stirred up. Hence the delay in placing my live rock.

Drained off, removed sand and now rinsing--major job. Good exercise however. Nonetheless, the mushrooms are plentiful and will be contacting each of you in few.

BTW--Nobody ever told me if there was a good way to remove them--But I guess thats not an issue now--just trade em!!!

Jeff Williams
Evansville, IN

hey jeff let me know. I live in danville wich is almost greenwood. I know you are very far away but i have pieces of rock to trade let me know.

Jeff, Did you find the sand in E'ville? Just wondering. It is not available in my part of S. IN.

Found the sand in Paducah KY Home Depot--Last 6 bags--Called for hours--Chicago area has plenty as does PA.. Did not find a bit south of us

My company does business in Greenwood frequently--that's why I said I could get you some for free. We'll work it out

well aren;t you the *******, I am sure you did , but if he has o'plenty why not frag adn share or trade

Back
Top Bottom