Purple plate coral bleached

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paglaum22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a purple fungia bleached for almost a week now, will it still revive? I also have a golden yellow fungia at the other side and is doing well..what will I do with it? Soliciting your kind advice please. Thanks!

Thanks for responding, I will later take picture after work, I have 34 gal RSM130D, temp bet 77-79F, salinity 1.025, ph 7.8, dKh 8, calcium 450, nitrate less than 0.1, phosphate 0.03-0.04, lighting LED 52watts, plus a supplement LED 72watts 60deg optics not directed on the plate coral.. I have another golden yellow just about 4 inches away and it's thriving well. I'm suspecting the frogspawn has killed it because there's one time that he got so close to frogspawn as he moves?

Well, that is a possibility I'd guess. I'd be interested in seeing it still, but it might simply be an issue of needing relocated...though it might just move itself back. Maybe move the frogspawn if needed.

IMG_2528.jpg

That's the purple fungia at the bottom, completely bleached. I'll get a close up pic of that tomorrow. I don't know if it will still revive or do I need to remove that from there?

That appears to be a gonner. Any flesh left on it? I doubt the frogspawn killed the entire thing. If it was stung, you could see a scar or bruise, but not the decline of the entire fungia, IMO.

I agree with X on this. Fungia can usually push sand off of themselves, which yours is def not doing at this time. Keep the skeleton in there incase it decides to reproduce after death. As for cause of death, there isn't anything close enough that I would consider a danger to it. I'd assume it was damaged somehow. I had one die on me like that as well, but currently have several doing fine in my tank.

Thanks guys I appreciate your help, I'll give him 3-4 days in there and if there's nothing happening will take him out...

Back
Top Bottom