purple pseudochromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i had a purple pseudochromis until i got home from work he is a beautiful fish and all but he was a terror in my tank except that my yellow tang is the boss and he picked on my domino damsels and pretty much everything else but my yellow tang and baby hippo (he is between one inch and inch and 1/2) and clowns they just mind their own business so i had to take it to the lps and they changed it to me for two Banggai cardinals about an inch long ill post some pics of them

Congratz on the cardinals. Much more docile.

P.S. - you should try using a period every once in a while. :) :)

Waiting on the pics.

sorry i did it last night on my phone and i did it on a hurry. ill use more . i promise and i just saw that my royal gramma comes out more than what he used to. my pseudochromis and him never fought even tho the royal gramma was smaller

ok this is my royal gramma and my two bengai cardinals right next to my first xenia that got big really quick. please tell me what do you guys think about it

You might wanna move the xenia to a higher spot - unless you want it to spread upwards to everyhthing in it's path. You say it's growing fast already. IMO, not good to keep them low in the tank - again, unless you want it to move both horizontally and vertically. They will.

also the rock where the xenia is locaded its not touching other rocks it actually has about 2 inches of space from any other rocks will it spread to the others even if it doesnt touch them???????????

Correct. Higher placement doesn't give it a path to move up quickly towards the light and to new rocks. If the xenia can blow/flow in the current and touch anything 2" away, yes it "can" spread IMO.

I surround my xenia with more aggressive coral like frogspawn that will help keep it from spreading. I actually have a snail in the tank with xenia growing on it. There is a picture someplace in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom