Purple reef lobster.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sqasnatch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello my fellow fish ppl. I was looking on input from your personal experiences with this guy, I kinda foolishly bought one, I'm reading mixed reveiws on them about eating fish, it come out of a tank that had a flame angel in it, and it seemed to be nervous of fish, I think it's going in my refugium but wanted to see if you guys could convince me otherwise

Am I like 50 50 chance it will be friendly, I do have some hermits in there, and I have 2 mandarins which would be an easy snack, but I also heard mandarins have a noxious slime which repels predators

I think what I'm going to do is put him in the refugium, feed him by hand for a while then test him, I'll put a few hermits in the refugium and a couple damsels then I'll wait it out and see what happens, tell me what you think pls

I have no experience or knowledge, sorry.

I would say better safe than sorry. If you put him in your fuge, then you can determine later if he should go in the tank. It would be much harder to go the other way and get him out of the tank.

Mine has been in the tank for 8 yrs now and has never killed a fish or harmed a coral. I personally dont think he did it. JMO

100_1948.jpg

Back
Top Bottom