Purple Spots !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChelseazFishiez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, well I have 10 gal. SW aquarium with 2 baby perculas. I just got them around 1 month ago, and the tank was cycling for 1 week. I put VERY little live rock in there (just 1 pound) and its treated. But there seems to be purple spots on my fake plants, the rock and the sand.. Anthing wrong? And I have done no water changes in that period of time because the fish need to get used to the water.. :confused:

probably coraline if the rock is cured nicely in your LFS/where u got it.
+1 for thominil, I only do water change when my nitrate hit 10+, so do water test and save some water XP

sounds like coraline....congrats:)

Time to remove those fake plants. Before you know it, the entire tank will be purple

Sounds like coralline to me. On a side note I would get use to doing frequent PWC`s in a 10 gallon tank. In a tank that small there is no margin for error. Small water volumes like that are not very forgiving when problems arise. I would at least do a weekly PWC to keep water parameters in check. JMO

Sounds like coralline to me. On a side note I would get use to doing frequent PWC`s in a 10 gallon tank. In a tank that small there is no margin for error. Small water volumes like that are not very forgiving when problems arise. I would at least do a weekly PWC to keep water parameters in check. JMO

ops totally forgot its a 10gal.
forget what I said and listen to melosu~Xp

Back
Top Bottom