Purple Starfish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

While my Daughter and I were staring at the tank this little arm came out of the hole that my mine urchin used to reside is.. And a few seconds later this bright purple starfish emerges.. I have never seen a Purple starfish can someone please point me in the right direction.. I know I have a blue Linka I just put in the tank but this one is no where near blue..

TIA,
James

PS Kudos to the first one who correctly identifies... :D

I actually think that this is a purple Serpent Sea Star.. I found another that looks Grey as well.. Can someone please confirm As I have not seen or heard of a purple sea star before... Nor a grey one for that matter...

TIA,
James

i just recently noticed two tiny grey serpent star arms coming out of a rock. haven't seen the whole thing yet but he was definately grey. maybe the colors are different when they are immature?

Yep it's a serpent star, I've never seen a purpl one either.. :thumb Good find (y) They are beneficial detrivores and a great addition to any reef tank, just keep your eye on it (they get very large) and move to the sump/refugium when it gets too big.

Back
Top Bottom