Purple tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyden71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well iv had my purple tip nem for a few months now and it's always been in the same place in the tank since I put it in now it's on the move is there a reason why it's started to move after Afew months in the same place

It is usually because its not happy with the conditions, although I have heard nems move for no reason. Do you have consistent, stable water parameters? The right kind of lighting? Nems are pretty hardy but cannot tolerate swings like salinity and temp.

Water parms are all good checked them this morning water temp is about 27-29oc as we in the uk are having soon very hot weather at the minute I open the lid to try and let some heat out as heater is turned off the nem could be just exploring

Yup, could be. How often do you test? As long as its regular (particularly salinity) do you have other corals it could sting when it's on the move?

Not a good idea to turn off the heater. It's cooler at night and your temp will definitely swing. I set my heater close to day time temp which it at 80 deg F. Heaters have automatic control (thermostat) and it will not go higher than your setting.

Back
Top Bottom