Purple tip dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kio707

Aquarium Advice Addict
Think my purple tip nem is on its way out. The clown fish tried everything, wouldn't leave it's side, but now it's almost a raisin. :(... I tried pwc, target feeding, thought maybe I left lights on to long (7 hrs), I'm outta ideas. Please help, anyone... He's upside down now, but atleast his tentacles aren't drown in like before. And all levels are good. I'm lost. I talked to lfs and they said if it dies, they would give me a rose bubble instead. I just want to find out y this one is sucking...

I dont think 7 hrs is too long. I leave mine on for 7 hrs to keep my tank cooler and the fish are fine. Hope he gets better, good luck.
BTW, if it does happen to die, good luck with the rosetip, there beautiful nems.

Yeah, but I don't wanna get it just to see it die too... I gotta find out the reason it's dying...

Ya I know. Im really not sure but how big is the tank and how strong is your lighting? As you know nems require VERY strong light. Maybe even leave it on longer. Im not sure. Again, best of luck.

90 gallon and lighting is great.. Idk... If I leave it on much longer my soft corals start shriveling up...lol... I use to leave them on for ten hours and caused algae growth and not good things... Lol

If my ammonia is up, does that mean my nem died? It's up from 0 to about .25...

When your anemone begins to disintegrate, that's when it's dead. You can also tell if it's dead by smelling it. You'll know if it's dead like that.

Yeah, pulled it out and it deff had a smell... **** I tried hard for that one... Now I gotta see if my levels even out again. I just did a pwc yesterday too...

As soon as I pulled it out, it turned to this gelatin mush... My other fish are ok, but my clown keeps looking for the nem...

Came home, checked levels. Everything seems to leveling off... Thank god... Was scared for a min..

Yeah, think I pulled it out just in time. I was terrified at work all day! But inverts, cardinal, coral beauty, and clowns are still strong and doing well. Corals are also still blooming and open.

Back
Top Bottom