Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-18-2006, 05:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been using Purple Up fpr a few weeks now, and honestly I haven't seen it do anything yet. My coraline was growing very well on it's own though so it's hard to say what it's doing. I tend to agree with most here that weekly PWC's will give you everything you need for good growth. That's all I was doing in my FOWLR and I have green, pink and purple going.

I only picked it up because of what I've been reading from others here, and since my LFS had a bottle I thought I would try it out. Have not seen a difference yet, but will post if I see a big boom in my growth. Would be kinda hard to notice though. I'm like Brenden in hating to have to clean the crap off my glass. All that coraline growth does seem to keep my nuisance algae at a minimum though, and I'm definetly down with that. My tank would no way support a herbivore. I have nothing to graze on at all

ColdFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just think that it depends on the tank. If you have calcium deficiencies to start with, you wont have much coraline growth and the purple up will seem to work wonders. However, if you have a keen balance of calcium and alkalinity (good levels) the purple up wont seem to work as well when you add it. Like tecwzrd said, it's just a calcium additive. Call it an "overglorified CA additive". Basically, all of us here know it to be a bottled product that sells.

- Mike
125 gal. reef w sump/refugium & 8-bulb 640w T5's
45 gal fresh w/plants + CPF lighting
boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Just keep your Alk and CA level correct and it will row everywhere. PU is a good product it is just over priced and you can do the same thing yourself much cheaper.

*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com