Purpleback Pseudochromis killer!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jont82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Second fish he's killed!! Hopefully I can get him out. He's going back to the fish store!

Attachments

• image-3030396654.jpg
    image-3030396654.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 190
I took back a pseudochromis after she started terrorizing my tang. Got $30 for her, not a bad trade.

Also, a clear fish trap, baited, with a drop lever door will work best to catch them. I found mine used at the LFS for $10

He's killed a green chromis and the wrasse you see in photo. I let him get away with the chromis but enough is enough!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yea. What's the best way to package him to take back to lfs?

Wow I never knew those guys would do that... I almost bought one a few weeks ago. Glad I didn't...

I think he would be a good fish as long as you added him as one of the last fish. All fish I had before him he doesn't bother. Anything new is a dif story.

Gram for gram they are formidable. I have a purple one and he takes nonsense from no one. Luckily he is one of the smallest fish in the reef, so he chills.

Take him back and if you liked him for his colors and shape get yourself a royal gramma. Beautiful fish and much much less aggressive.

Take him back and if you liked him for his colors and shape get yourself a royal gramma. Beautiful fish and much much less aggressive.

+1 to this.

I have a neon psuedochromis I had to remove from my 75. The little bugger has the energy of a Jack Russel terrier and acts like it's on a steroid induced rage. he now lives in a 40B with a melanarus wrasse and a cinnamon clown. The clown has evicted every other passive fish from the tank, but seems to be doing well with the melanarus who is a little bigger than her and the psuedochromis.

I replaced him in the 75 with a royal gramma.

That's funny because the royal gramma was actually the fish I wanted. They didn't have it and I ended up getting the Pseudochromis. Lesson learned lol

We'll I feel like its impossible to get him out unless I take all my rocks out which I don't want to do. Anyone have any fish recommendations I could keep with him?

We'll I feel like its impossible to get him out unless I take all my rocks out which I don't want to do. Anyone have any fish recommendations I could keep with him?

I told you, a clear acrylic fish trap will get him.

Ironically, these Pseudo's get a bad rep. I have four. A red elongated and indigo in one and a Fridmani and Springeri in my other tank. The springeri is only aggressive towards my Maroon clowns when provoked. My wrasse's do not seem to like the Elongated dottyback, but they tolerate him.

My purple is aggressive but small in comparison to his tank mates. He doesn't cause any trouble. You may have gotten a mean one. :-(

I've got an orchard and he is as fun as peaceful as can be. He's got a hole in a rock he sleeps in and cruises around the rocks most of the day keeping me entertained. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom