PurpleUp and AragaMilk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was reading an ad in the Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine for Purple up, which claims to increase pink coraline algae, and AragaMilk, which claims to maintain ph, calcium, alkalinity and KH at seawater perameters. It does add calcium, carbonate, stronium and magnesium. I do not currently add stronium or magnesium or test for them.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with any of these. I usually am only adjusting ph (once in awhile) and calcium (regularly). Otherwise, all my levels stay within acceptable perameters.

I have fish, an LTA, open brain coral, branching hammer, cancy canes and a buch of mushrooms currently.

I use Purple Up regularly and it seems to work for me. Keep in mind that I also changed my light bulbs at the same time so I can't completely say it's just the PurpleUp. But I have noticed an increase in coralline algae.

Of course, you need to have some in the tank before adding the PurpleUp as it helps growth of the coralline already present. I'd say it's a good product.

Can't comment on the AragaMilk.

I had Argamilk. I'd prefer Purple up myself if you have a choice. I got stuck with an older bottle of Argamilk and it was pretty darn solid after sitting so long. Waiting for a fresh bottle of P-Up to arrive now. :)

SO: Read the label and SHAKE the crap out of the bottles when you get one. Everyone I've talked with has had good results with Purple Up.

Keep an eye on your PH and get a Calcium test kit early into the process. Too much is not exactly a good thing.

Thanks, I do test for calcium regularly, but I'm always having to add more, I can't seem to keep the calcium level up. I was worried about adding another product that has calcium, because I don't want to overload. Thanks for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom