putting angels together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barracuda

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any experience or advice about putting a flame angel and a juvenile emperor angel together? I would be placing them into a 130 gal tank that i set up and has got some other non aggresive fish in it.(well established)

You should be okay in a 130gal. Just make sure you have plenty of LR for grazing and hiding.

I have a Coral Beauty and a Maculosus Angel (see avatar) together and they get along just fine. Should work out OK.
What is you other stock? A 130 will be on the lean size when the Emperor reaches adult size.

my other stock, well right now I have a pair of occelaris clowns(ya-ya I know but my son loves them), 1 flame angel, 1 convict blenny, 3 cleaner shrimp, some hermits and some turbo snails

The anemone may be a goner someday with the emperor, just so you know.
I think it would work, just realize the emperor will one day out grow the tank IMO.
Good luck :)
PS, you can see both of my P Maculosus and my Coral Beauty in my gallery. They get along just fine.

I've got a flame angel and a passer angel together in my 225 gal. Passer was a bit aggressive for the first couple of days, but hasn't been a problem since.

Back
Top Bottom