pvc overflow problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With it in tank pull the end cap off and fill that tube up with water till it reaches the T off. Then start sucking on the airline. Might take a while but it should start. You have to suck out most of the air in the PVC between the inlet and the T.

Dry fitting the PVC may not work though.

Got it up and working after i recalled i needed to supeglue around the check valve to get a good seal.
It has keept siphon after a few pump stops but will keep testing.

ForumRunner_20131121_194608.jpg

ForumRunner_20131121_194608.jpg

ForumRunner_20131121_194625.jpg

ForumRunner_20131121_194640.jpg

Looks good. You may want to suck on the airline once a week or month till you get no air coming out. If your return pump matches the overflow you shouldn't get any air buildup but good to check.

I am still getting a small.amount of air while it is running so i put another.layer of glue on.the.check valve. Guess next ill.have to glue.it.together :(

Getting ready to make one of these myself. The hole in the end cap is not negotiable then?

overflow

I like the diy project,looks good. i need to make one of these and i need to i a sump or something for my 75 gallon reef tank.

Its working well so far,smooth and silent.
even had a power outage today and it did not fail to re start

Back
Top Bottom