pygmy angel and sps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
on live aqueria, it says these fish may eat lps, but gives no mention of sps, any reason why? Also what are some example of sps?

i want a baby pygmy angel (1 in my lfs) but im going reef, what are your thoughts, are there any ways to reduce the odds of nipping?

Seems like for fish with reef caution, it's hit or miss and depends on the fish itself.

i see, and there are really no ways to lower the chances of nipping?

do u think clips of seaweed and alage crisps could help?

It may or may not help. I have talked to people that have had one in their tank for 4 years before it decided corals taste good. Needless to say they had to basically start over after having to move everything out of the tank to get it and to replace the corals it decided was on it's menu.

can someoone help with my dilema, i really wont the angel and i really want the corals and i only have room 4 1 tank

Not to be a smarty pants here but it seems that all the people above did help you. I know it isn't what you were hoping to hear but the info they gave you was good info. They just don't want to see you have a bunch of heart ache if it didn't work out. It is up to you but, if I were you, I would listen to what they say. Stick with reef safe fish if you want a reef. If you want non-reef safe fish, go fowlr. If you try to do both, you are tanking a risk. None of us can change the facts but just try to live with them. Hope that helps.

it does help, here is what i was thinking, i know live aqueria say a pygmy needs 30 g but if i put a baby in a 10 by itself would it work?

No, I don't think a pygmy will work in a 10. The fish needs room to swim and grow. If you do not give it sufficient space, it won't make it. He'll likely keel over from stress and I think the best case scenario is that he'll develop head and lateral line erosion which disfigues the fish and I can only assume is painful.

ok thanks, unless i hear otherwise, i wont do it, what do others think?

I agree, the pygmy would be too big even for your 20g tank,. :)

Just go ahead as planned and maybe you can upgrade next year to a tank that can hold what you want to put in it.

Back
Top Bottom