Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2004, 05:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I hate test kits.
Thats why I use cupramine with the seachem multitest kit. They are made for each other and work well together.
Maybe you could check out mardel's web site to see if its the right test kit.
When I treated for velvet, I went through 2 different kits till I found the one that worked.
IMO, they should sell the test kits with the med. But thats just a rant.

Old 05-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hey Kurt, did you lose a lot of fish before you were able to have success? If I lose my clown, that will be 3...I just CAN NOT lose my clown to this thing...it seems to take on the fish fairly rapidly...is that normal?

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I lost 3 fish within 24 hrs, it was rough.
Was able to save 6 fish with the cupramine.
I'm still not sure its velvet, but it does sound like it. Here are a couple if articles, see what you think.
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/tr...loodinium.html
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/amylloodiniumart.htm
Old 05-19-2004, 07:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well, I found out the problem! The lady at the lfs told me to use fastest with coppersafe...but chelated copper sulfate isn't compatible with it...I have sunk so much money into treating these guys and I can't tell if its effective. I put my last pennies into it, literally. I am willing to bet the copper is low too because I did water changes tring to get it back down. Crap! I don't know where to go from here...

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 05-19-2004, 10:56 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I searched the web and canot find out what test kit to get for this copper.
Does anyone know?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:00 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks kurt! I tried getting a pic of him this morning but I can't get it clear enough to be any good. "Meno" my clown has a white stringy thing trailing from his top fin and he has white stuff on his gills and around his face...does this mean anything to you?

Old 05-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes Velvet or Brooklynella. Have you found a test kit that works yet?
If not I would get (if you can) the cupramine and the seachem multitest, because it works. This is insane, these test kits. If you can get formalin, I would consider a dip with this med. A dip may give some relief and buy some time.
Here is an article (scroll down) on Brookylnella
http://saltaquarium.about.com/gi/dyn...2F0497_6.shtml
Old 05-20-2004, 11:45 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yeah but I can't. I have no money left, spent it all on that new tank and the 20gal and meds and stupid test kit

Old 05-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Taht picture of the damsel...thats what my tang looked like...exactly what it looked like! Where do I get this stuff...how much does it cost...maybe I can dig up a few dollars...can I treat with the capersafe and marcyn 2???
I don't see anything on the packet against it...

Old 05-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #20
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarryshark
Well I searched the web and canot find out what test kit to get for this copper.
Does anyone know?
Seachems multi test would still be the better choice. I e-mailed Aquarium Systems recently as I was unsure myself and they confirmed the Fastest is only for ionic copper.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com