Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice FINatic

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I got the 37% and gave him a bath he did pretty well in there and then I put him back in the tank...I thought he was gonna die on me, must have really shocked him or stressed him out...but not 15 minutes later he was back to his big bad self again...cruizing the tank. He is my favorite! Now what? How long, how much, how do I prevent a secondary outbreak??? I am so stoked...you have NO IDEA how much I apprecaite this!!!

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Yaaa! I would do a bath every day or every other day 5 times or so.
Excellent news! Is he in QT?

Old 05-21-2004, 04:30 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

He's going in the qt tank tonight, I had to clean out all the copper from the qt tank, I gave him a bath in a smaller tank and put him back in the 55...though I was going to ask, am I soppose to put them directly back into the qt tank after the bath...or acclimate him back in? (When he started swimming around I didn't know if he was stressed so I "got him outta there") He just seemed really shocked when I put him back in the tank (I used that same water to do the bath). Catching him stresses him out...any easier way? Oh and can I use this tank to quarintine new fish now that copper has been used in it?

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 05-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, you need to leave the main void of fish for a month or so to allow the parasite to go through its life cycle and die out.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

He's eating and got the rest of his color back! Yah! I did another dip this morning and it didn't seem to stress him out this time. Alex is scrubbing the 55 out as we speak...what do I do to ensure that other fish I quarintine don't get this, does scrubbing the whole tank with hot water do the job? I've heard a cup of bleach but I won't use bleach...just doesn't sit well with me.

Old 05-22-2004, 02:34 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great new, keep up the good work!!!
I use bleach on my qt after I'm done. I fill it with water and bleach and let the filter run for an hour. Then I rinse it multiple time and let it dry.
Have had no problems.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com