qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I got the 37% and gave him a bath he did pretty well in there and then I put him back in the tank...I thought he was gonna die on me, must have really shocked him or stressed him out...but not 15 minutes later he was back to his big bad self again...cruizing the tank. He is my favorite! Now what? How long, how much, how do I prevent a secondary outbreak??? I am so stoked...you have NO IDEA how much I apprecaite this!!!

Yaaa! I would do a bath every day or every other day 5 times or so.
Excellent news! Is he in QT?

He's going in the qt tank tonight, I had to clean out all the copper from the qt tank, I gave him a bath in a smaller tank and put him back in the 55...though I was going to ask, am I soppose to put them directly back into the qt tank after the bath...or acclimate him back in? (When he started swimming around I didn't know if he was stressed so I "got him outta there") He just seemed really shocked when I put him back in the tank (I used that same water to do the bath). Catching him stresses him out...any easier way? Oh and can I use this tank to quarintine new fish now that copper has been used in it?

Yes, you need to leave the main void of fish for a month or so to allow the parasite to go through its life cycle and die out.

He's eating and got the rest of his color back! Yah! I did another dip this morning and it didn't seem to stress him out this time. Alex is scrubbing the 55 out as we speak...what do I do to ensure that other fish I quarintine don't get this, does scrubbing the whole tank with hot water do the job? I've heard a cup of bleach but I won't use bleach...just doesn't sit well with me.

Great new, keep up the good work!!!
I use bleach on my qt after I'm done. I fill it with water and bleach and let the filter run for an hour. Then I rinse it multiple time and let it dry.
Have had no problems.

Back
Top Bottom