Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

qt

What should a qt tank have in it. I am medicating my fish but they seem worse off than when I first put them in. I have a peguin bio wheel for a 30 gallon tank airstone and heater...temp is 78, nitrate 10 and nitrite 0 ph 8.3. I do not have the carbon in just a sponge. I lost my angel about a few days ago, they are acting just like he did before he died...help!

Old 05-19-2004, 01:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
What are you treating them with? What symptoms are they showing and are they eating? Can you post a pick?

Old 05-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

they were eating this morning, in fact they seemed fine this morning, but when I got home a few hours later they were both gasping for air at the bottom of the tank, i am treating w/ coppersafe and I just put in maracyn-two. The tang has really bad ragged fins and tail. But maybe its something I am doing. The clown seemed just fine in the 55, now that he's in qt he looks just like the angel...my angel seemed fine too tough and then all of a sudden his abdomen became swollen and he was stuck to a filter breathing heavily...his back fin looked messed up to, but over the course of 4 days or so.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I can email you the picks if you give me your email adress from my kodak program. Also I was thinking about it...when I bought the tang he had white marks on him, but not as many as the other ones in the tank....they said they were getting stung by the anmone and took it out...but that was like 5 weeks ago

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 05-19-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sure my email address is
kurt@hubcaps-wheelcovers.com
If you send an attachment, I will post it here for other opinions if you wish.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did you get em?

Old 05-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is the pic of your clown. From what you describe, I believe it to be velvet. I would keep the course with the copper and ride it out. It may take a day or 2 to see an improvement.
Any one else?
Old 05-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yeah I just lost the tang...he was pretty far gone to begin with. I was watching him close and then I noticed him rubbing...since he's so small I never noticed that the rest of his fins were affected until I took him out, they were TORE UP...it just seemed like the meds made it worse???

Old 05-19-2004, 04:48 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

crap!! Sorry for you loss.
The rubbing is a pretty sure sign. Are you testing the copper level?
Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yeah thats the thing....I spent 20.00 on a copper test and I don't think I am reading it right...because I put EXACTLY how much meds I was sopposed to and one way I look at it it says .25, and another at .15 or .10. It's one of those color chip testers....I put the chip in the holder and hold it up to the light and compare the color next th the chip holder thing...but if I turn it sideways it looks a whole lot less than what it says

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com