QT For new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sloanhaus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 75 gallon tank an want to use it for 6 weeks to observe new fish I am purchasing. I plan on running it at 1.009 to kill any ICH they may have. My question is should I just do weekly water changed from my DT with added RO water, or use new salt and RO water? Also, should I put a sponge in it from my DT? Anything else I would appreciate..

Have a 75 gallon tank an want to use it for 6 weeks to observe new fish I am purchasing. I plan on running it at 1.009 to kill any ICH they may have. My question is should I just do weekly water changed from my DT with added RO water, or use new salt and RO water? Also, should I put a sponge in it from my DT? Anything else I would appreciate..

Depending on how many fish you plan to quarantine at once you may need more than a sponge for biological filtration. Also for water changes use new saltwater. If the biofiltration isnt enough you can always fix that with a large water change. Just test every other day or so for ammonia and nitrite.

Back
Top Bottom