Qt question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on getting a few new little swimmers in the new year and figured I'd set up a qt tank before I get them. What I did was took an aquaclear 70 hob filter put it with old media On a 20 gal tank (after I was done with it last time a few months ago I threw it in a ziplock bag and forgot about it, It had pretty much dried out, so I figured I'd throw it in there is nothing in the tank so it couldn't hurt anything).
I took my used pwc water from my 90, about 17 gal an threw that in, and topped up with fresh water. Fed the empty tank more than o would feed my other fish in a few weeks. I'd say almost a teaspoon of Dry brine. Next day tested water and there was no change . Found a bottle of nutrifin "cycle" around and dosed the tank as per instructions and fed the empty tank about another teaspoon. Day 3 still no change on the test, api master kit which was bought at Lfs earlier this week.
My question is did I avoid a cycle or was it very small and almost not noticeable, does it take more than 48 hours to get ammonia to read in a test

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom