QT Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykpoz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have read somewhere that certain fish are more resistant to disease etc due to a slime coating sorta like eels.

Are there any fish that you would consider skipping the QT time on? Or any that should not be QT'ed?

TIA

so if they arrive from swfish.com looking well, and take the acclimation period well, would I be safe to introduce them into my main?

Only reason I ask is that I will have a few fish in my QT as the original shipment didnt arrive in good health, and outside of the 2 gobies (jawfish and watchman gobie) i will have 2 perc clowns and a lawn mower blenny in the QT just didnt want to have all those fish in a 29g if i could help it...

thoughts?

ok so now i have the fish in QT

2 percs
1 Lawnmower
1 watchman
1 shrimp goby
1 orange spot goby

now the lawnmower is an algae eater... i guess he can eat nori? and the others should like blender mush and flake?

i will probably get some frozen brine and mysid to keep them happy too

any other suggestions?

Wise to QT them all, even if some species are "resistant", they can still carry parasites into the display the same as corals and other inverts can. Some lawnmowers eat nori, some don't.....mine will only eat film of the glass and rocks. Let some of the tank walls get some algae on them and provide the nori just in case. Try to stay away from getting them to eat meaty foods, it can potentially cause problems in them as it is not a large part of their natural diet.

Back
Top Bottom