QT questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyswife

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 37 gal with one Pajama Cardinal. He's been the only fish for 3 yrs with the exception of some snails. This is my daughters tank and this little fish cannot get ick, it would break her heart. I bought a Royal Gramma and a clown fish yesterday and put them in a quarantine tank. My questions are, do I copper the QT or do a hypo-salinity and how long should they be in QT? I plan to add some LPS and zoas to the DT. I have some shrimp and crabs in the DT now so I'm concerned about copper. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jill

You dont really need to do anything. Just let him relax in qt for 3-4 weeks and youll know if anything is wrong

You dont really need to do anything. Just let him relax in qt for 3-4 weeks and youll know if anything is wrong

Agreed. QT'ing is to see if something develops. No need to put the fish through any additional stress if there's nothing wrong.... Though, personally, I believe QT should be 4-6 weeks, but that's one of those widely variable questions.

Phranque said:
Agreed. QT'ing is to see if something develops. No need to put the fish through any additional stress if there's nothing wrong.... Though, personally, I believe QT should be 4-6 weeks, but that's one of those widely variable questions.

Lets settle on common ground and call it 4 weeks lol

Four weeks it is!:thanks: I can't wait to finally have some color in this tank,lol.

Jill

Back
Top Bottom