QT questions....and thoughts?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i have bought alot online and IME i have had very good luck with everything i have bought. Fish and corals, but every persons experience changes. I would stay away from ebay it can be kind of misleading. I would recommend www.exoticfish.com Jeff is a great guy and guarantees its arrival and condition.

Personally I've found nothing but great experiences buying fish, corals and inverts online. The livestock has been fantastically healthy. I've been very please with everything we've gotten. Anything that didn't arrive alive we got credit for and all the rest has done great.

I love the fish from LiveAquaria (but in all fairness haven't ordered from anywhere else online). They have good prices and a 14d stay alive guarentee. Not something that most places are willing or able to claim.

I would agree with phyl liveaquaria is great for ordering with their guarentee, I personally like www.exoticfish.com and have had awesome experiences with him. Jeff's fish and corals are all great deals, and his guarntee isnt as good he does guarntee live arrival though. But his prices arent as high either. He also has monthly specials on corals and fish. Corals right now are buy 3 get one FREE! Which ROCKS!

So this thread originally was about quarantine. I assume that whatever opinion you have on QT, it doesn't matter where it came from? I guess my concern is that if you buy online, you can't observe the fish beforehand, which seems to be important in trying to get the healthiest fish possible.

I know this thread is a lttle old but I thought I'd comment.

I have a 450g tank with 380 lbs. of LR. I can not take the risk of introducing any parasites into my main. I can't treat the main, nor can I catch a fish (unless it is near death and can't get away from me).

My point is that I can't imagine not QTing newcomers with a prophylactic treatment such as Hyposalinity.

There are pluses to having a large tank (ie very stable water) but there are also negatives (when things go wrong it is multiplied).

-Pete R.

I am either going to treat all new arrivals with hypo or a level of copper for 4 weeks before they go into the main tank....

Corals, rock, sand will stay in another fishless tank for a period of 6 weeks prior to being put into the main.

Qt Coral = Extra Work

Qt Fish = Extra Work

Ichless Tank and Peace of mind= Priceless

Back
Top Bottom