QT size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBR

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi -- Getting ready tp put together a QT. 10 gal tanks seems to be what's recommended most (from what I've read, anyway) -- but would a 5 gal suffice just as well?
Thanks.

Unless your have very small fish, a 10 gallon would be better. In a five, ammonia and nitrite will build up very fast. A 20 would be better yet. The price difference between a 5 and a 10 is very little.
Hope this helps.

Depends on the size of the fish you will be adding to the display. If a smaller display tank meaning smaller fish, then yes it would be possible but personally I would not suggest less than 10 gal. A 10-20 gal QT would allow for a better environment and more stable conditions. You also need to consider the activity level of the fish being QT'd. More active fish need more room.

Cheers
Steve

Very cool -- 10 it is -- many thanks for the sanity check.
Matt

I have a 3 that has 6 lbs lr in it but i only have 2 fish and still fight amonia it has a bio wheel , thinking of a nano for it for pods or something maybe just hermits, and geting a 20. for QT.

Back
Top Bottom