Qt tank and general question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just finished using my 20 gallon tank for a QT and used Cupramine. I am trying to figure out the best way to "cleanse" the tank and hardware.
1) What do you guys do in order to cleanse all of it
2) Say in the future, can I use the same tank and hardware to cure LR if I needed to? I hope I can use the heater and such-otherwise I will end up buying another heater.
Let me know what you think and also anything I might be missing with regards to making sure all of my gear is clean.
Thanks

what I do is put in some bleach and water. I then let it run for about an hour, empty and and rinse it mutiple time. Then simply let it dry and put it away for next time.
You should be able to use all the hardware again as long as its cleaned properly.
I beleive that once you use copper in a tank, you can never totally get it out as some is absorbed into the seams. But I don't think enough copper would leach into the system to do any harm.
Maybe other opinions out there.

The bleach will help with biological nasties that might be left over but it won't really help with the copper ... as far as I know anyway.

Back
Top Bottom