QT tank Can someone tell me if I get it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since the crash if my tank I have the chance to start over right. So, I need to make sure Im getting it as I never even heard of a QT tank until this site. I think waiting 30 days will be sufficient as my levels are all back to normal and the only thing that did not live through the ordeal was a clam, star and ALL SPS :cry:

10 gallon with no flooring at all just glass and a pvc tube.
A heater and hanging filter on the back.
Fish must be in QT tank for 30 days to be disease free and main tank will be ich free in 30 days as well.
Feed only every two or three days and only what they will eat in 2 mins.
Monitor Ammonia & nitrite levels every day and do water change every 3 to 4 days or sooner if needed. At the end of 30 days add fish grab a beer and enjoy....

Back in the saddle again :lol: :lol:

It all sounds fine for the most part. How many fish are in the 10 gal Qt? You do not want further problems with aggression.

reefobsessed said:
Fish must be in QT tank for 30 days to be disease free and main tank will be ich free in 30 days as well.
Just a bit of clarification here. The fish must be disease free for a 30 day period before placing back in the QT. If you need to treat them for anything, you need to ensure the problem is gone so be sure they stay in the QT a few additional weeks after any treatment to monitor for re-occurances or secondary infections.

Feed only every two or three days and only what they will eat in 2 mins.
One extra step you might use is syphon out any uneaten foods and fish waste after each feeding as well. It will greatly improve water quality and help ensure your fish remain healthy.

Oops forgot to ask if I need air bubbles going in a QT tank...
As long as the HOB is moving the surface water you should be fine. Otherwise you might want to opt for a small PH instead.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve, I plan on one or two fish at a time. Most likely only one and I am really going to do some home work on the inches v/s tank size and the temperament. Im going to get the cream of the crop for color and originality. Im just not sure yet which crop. :D To much knowledge on this site to let it go to waste :lol:

Back
Top Bottom