QT tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have used a 10 gallon to QT all my fish so far. i have a nice kole tang that is from a trusted source on hold. i am still going to QT him to be safe. would a 10g be big enough to QT a 3.5" kole tang

thoughts?

steve r

The tough part is that the fish is already 3.5". It will be putting out a significant amount of bioload into a little 10g. A 20g would help keep water quality up.

By a tote from walmart. I guess in theory you can have any size QT. Just depends on how much work you are willing to do to keep the water quality up. Also smaller tank = fish stress.

sounds good guys. i have my 29g still. i will use that. in the 10g i changed one gallon per day. the fish is coming from a 300g rubbermaid tub right now. he is living with tons of fish a corals.

thanks for the input

steve r

What I found to be a very good peace of mind are the Ammonia Alert badges. You still it to the wall of the aquarium and it changes color if there is ammonia. Great alert before a problem starts, and sure beats having to take a water sample and manually test for it.

Back
Top Bottom