Quantine tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so really just a 1 gallon tank for a juvenile just purchased fish for a couple weeks?
I have an aqueon minibow1 (came with a filter) and got a betta heater for it (8w). My main tank is a ten gallon nano that is just cycling now, so when it IS ready for livestock I plan on doing a water change. Can just use the water I take out of my freshly cycled to put in my 1 gallon QT?
My only fish is going to be a clownfish, damsel, chromis OR dottyback.

I would use a 10 gal. min. the parameters in a 1 gl. can change to fast to keep up with Dont use the freshly cycled tank water it will have very high nitrAtes

I would use a 10 gal. min. the parameters in a 1 gl. can change to fast to keep up with Dont use the freshly cycled tank water it will have very high nitrAtes

+1

For tangs and larger growing fish I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 10.

Ok, well I can pick up a cheapy 10g starter from LFS on sale for about 34.99. Comes with a low end filter and hood with 2 x 15w incandescent lighting, plus a 50w heater but would suffice for a QT.

Both are good for a QT (y) I like the 20 long it lets me qt a larger fish but any is better than none.

My tank has PH of 8
Ammonia of .25 ppm
Nitrite of 0
And nitrate of 0 ppm
Is it safe to put a fish in?
How long do I keep fish?

Attachments

• image-1330629053.jpg
    image-1330629053.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 67
My tank has PH of 8 Ammonia of .25 ppm Nitrite of 0 And nitrate of 0 ppm Is it safe to put a fish in? How long do I keep fish?

Ideally the filter should be fed with beneficial bacteria from an established tank, or if permanent, then the tank has to be cycled.

You can put fish in but you have to be on top of ammonia reading and be ready to do water changes when necessary. Fish should be kept in QT for 2 weeks minimum.

My tank has PH of 8
Ammonia of .25 ppm
Nitrite of 0
And nitrate of 0 ppm
Is it safe to put a fish in?
How long do I keep fish?

Is this your QT? that tank it not cycled yet You should have readings of Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-20 or even higher

Ammonia is caustic to fish it burns there gills and makes it hard for them to breathe Once the gills are burnt they stay scared. Ideally there's o ammonia in the tank I run a small HOB filled with poly-fill on my sump this way i can seed my QT when needed and avoid any cycle.

How many fish can i put in a 10g QT? I will be useing a 20g aqueon HOB and seeded polyfill. I was wanting to house 2 ocellaris clowns, and 3 dispar anthias. The anthias around 3 inches and the clowns 1-2

I would do either the clowns or the anthias but not both simply because the clowns can and will bully other fish Id QT the 3 DA's first then the clowns Keep a close eye on your parameters test at least every other day. You can safely QT 5-10 SMALL fish in a 10 but you will have to do PWC's daily The more pieces of PVC the better.

I would do either the clowns or the anthias but not both simply because the clowns can and will bully other fish Id QT the 3 DA's first then the clowns Keep a close eye on your parameters test at least every other day. You can safely QT 5-10 SMALL fish in a 10 but you will have to do PWC's daily The more pieces of PVC the better.

I will get plenty of pvc then, i will do the clowns first snd then the anthias i guess

QT is a necessity. Here's a video you should watch:

I personally would not QT wrasses or gobies especially if they are sand burrowing type...unless they are already sick and it becomes a necessity.

Why not quarantine these? Wont they bring ich into your DT if you dont?

Back
Top Bottom