Quarantine questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20 tank I want to use for qt.. How do I go about setting it up? Can I use my display tank water. Do I make new? Does it have to be running for a while or can I just set it up right before? I have fish with ich and plus in getting new fish I want to qt before going in display. And what medications and supplies should I get? Thanks in advance!!

My dog face puffer I use to have got ich I started a 10 QT with some media from my tank and lots of water changes and for meds I didn't use any I used hypo salinity I lowered the salt in the water over a few days to about 1.09 and kept it there for about a month after the last spot of ich was gone at it cured it. If it's in your main tank you will have to let it set empty with now fish for about 5 weeks to kill all the ich that's in your tank. Hope this helps

All forgot you should use a bare bottom tank with somthing like PVC or something for the fish to hide in or around. Plus if you go the hypo route please read up on it first and ask questions

Back
Top Bottom