Quarantine Tank Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I am going to look for the "test tube" water testing kits. The strips do not appear to give a real clear reading.....little color squares even had two colors sometimes.

Great idea!! Liquid IMO is much, much better, and more accurate. :wink:

cconemanband said:
Just ordered skimmer and powerhead from PETCO on-line so hope that improves water conditions after they arrive.

Mind i ask what kind of skimmer are you getting from PETCO? I recommend you get an AquaC Remora skimmer. It is the best HOB skimmer for a long haul.JMO

I went with the Berlin Air-Lift 60 Internal Protein Skimmer.....it was less expensive only 27.00 on sale..Glad you like Acqua Clear products because I got the 402 Reverse Flower Power Head made by them out of Petco. I only have 29 gal so I hope it works. When I go with that 100 gal down the road I will sure keep that skimmer in mind. Thanks...

Steve.....

Aqua C is a different company than Aqua Clear. That powerhead will work fine for you though. You will probably want to add another one down the road though for more flow.

Your protein skimmer concerns me though. I have not heard of that model before, but $27 doesn't lead me to believe it is a quality product. I do not want to criticize too much because i do not know the product, but a decent skimmer for your size tank will typically run $100-$150. I hope it works for you though.

I maybe should start a new thread for this question...but here goes anyhow. I thought I posted this last night but it must not have made it through because I can't find it. I still have no fish in my tank yet, because I am still trying to get my ph up and the ammonia down. The only live thing I put in at the beginning was 3 pieces of live rock. And NOW I saw crawling along the back glass what appears to be what looks like a white tick a good 3/8" long and then I am seeing little green things which look like "worm" poking their heads up out of the live rock. Is this kind of "life" in the tank all right or should I take these rocks out and clean them? Thanks.....Steve

Your protein skimmer concerns me though. I have not heard of that model before, but $27 doesn't lead me to believe it is a quality product.
It's one of the Lee's air-stone driven protien skimmers.

I'd return it and save that $27 for a CPR or AquaC.

For 27$ it can't hurt to give it a try...........do you know anything about the weird creatures mentioned above.....

Back
Top Bottom