Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Quarantine tank set up, waiting for fish to arrive

My QT tank is all set up, but the LFS is not cooperating. For some reason it takes at least three weeks for the fish to come in.

In the meantime, I am wondering if there is anything else I should do to the tank. The sponge filter has been sitting in the main tank for two weeks now. The QT tank has rock caves to hide in, and has been filled with water from the main tank.

I have done nothing with the QT tank since except top off the water. Should I put a pellet or two of fish food in the tank to keep the bacteria going or some like that, or just move the sponge filter over when the fish finally arrives?

Fish are friends, not food.
leafyseadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Wow 3 weeks. I would move the sponge filter back to the main tank and let it sit there till the fish arrive. Maintain water current and the heater in the qt tank till then.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
IMO, if it's going to be 3 weeks... I would drain the QT tank and wait until the day you're going to get the fish, then refill the QT tank from the main tank. Move the spong filter from the main tank to the QT tank and then go get your fish.
Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote

quarantine, quarantine tank, set up, tan, tank set up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com