Quarantine Tank Setup. What do you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alco1

Aquarium Advice Freak
HI all,

Just in the middle of getting a new quarantine tank setup.

Purchased a 30g tank and all ready to do

What I wanted to know is for people who don't have this permanently working 24/7. How do you remove all the water from the tank once finished?

At the moment I put a powerhead in there with a hose and let it siphon out and the last little remainder of water I get a towel and soak it up and squeeze it outside and then wipe it down with paper towels to dry everything... it's just a mission to do

Has someone designed something amazing to make the emptying water part easier or better?

Or has someone came up with just a simple/brilliant idea???

I'd love to here..

First of all you shouldn't empty the tank because you are basically killing all of the benificial bacteria that lives on your rock and bio filter, and it is not like your running another system because most of time there are no fish to create waste. I have a 14 gallon bio cube as a quarintine tank, and I have bearly touched it and never had a fish die in it.

BUT, you could use Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer wich is a hose from your aquarium to the faucet where the water can exit from the Drain

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That is basically how a QT or hospital tank works. Not many keep one up and going all the time 'just in case' they buy a new fish. It just sits and waits. So basically you are doing exactly what you are supposed to do when you are done.

Back
Top Bottom