Quarantining Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, do you guys recommend that I QT coral? I recently learned that it is best to QT LR, so it made me think of this.

I know for a fact though that some corals I will be getting will require a decent amount of lighting, so does that mean I would need to buy an expensive light fixture for the QT too?

:thanks:

Good read redsea
QuarInverts

Ah hah, so what the article is saying is that I can use the regular cheap kind of lighting that comes with the tanks for this temporary time. :)

Although, I do not plan on using a shallow tank for my QT for fish, so I will need another for corals? I plan on using a 29g (probably).

I think if you spot feed them they'll be fine ..I'm not a big coral guy(just shrooms and rics),,but i do QT them too,,but they are so easy they'd probably live in a bucket in my garage

If you plan to use a regular tank, build a removable rack with acrylic or eggcrate to position the corals closer to light.

I've never QT'd corals, but do use a dip with CoralRX.

If you plan to use a regular tank, build a removable rack with acrylic or eggcrate to position the corals closer to light.

I've never QT'd corals, but do use a dip with CoralRX.

Coral rx can't kill ich though, right?

I'm not sure about ich, but it kills most other things (bacteria, parasites, hitchhikers etc). Check their site though; I'm not certain about ich specifically.

Back
Top Bottom