quarentine tank .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashiee2

Aquarium Advice Activist
i want to know who has a quarentine tank , i have a fish that is not looking good at the monemt not swiming and not moving much ( anthias) i think thats what there called . anyway

with quarentine tank do you
always have them running or just set it up untill you need 1
could it be a nano tank even with maybe a sea horse or two just because i was thinking of getting a sea horse tank just a thought .

would i have to cycle the quarentine tanl or cpuld i just use my water ??????

I use a plastic tote (20 gal) as a QT Easy way to QT is hang a HOB filter on your sump fill with poly-fill this way you have an instant Bacti-Base ready. if you need to QT in a hurry you'll need to have extra water ready, as the water will need to be changed almost daily Dont use rock or sand put some pieces of PVC pipe or elbo's to give the fish some shelter

the sump idea is good . but for me is rsm 250 no sump dow. below :( owell mmm well thanks fpr an idea ill figure something out

Just put some poly-fill in the back it will act like a sponge and build a good BB

I definitely keep a QT tank..... I have a 20L that I picked up at one of Petco's $1/gallon sales and built a stand for it. I have a small heater, cheap HOB filter, couple of old freshwater fluorescent lights, and eggcrate lid cut to fit. I have a 32 gallon trash can that I maintain 25 gallons of saltwater mixed & ready with heater & powerhead, in case I need to do a large pwc on my DT or an emergency quarantine, and I keep a small bag of Biomax in the rear sump of my tank so it always has BB in it (rinsed out occasionally in old pwc tank water to clean out any gunk).
If the need arises, I can pull out the Biomax, drop it in the HOB filter, fill the 20L with proper temp & salinity water, and have a QT tank up & running in 10 minutes or less. When not in use, I keep a garbage bag over it to keep the dust out.

damm i used to have a container in the garage for water changes , i coulda used that

Back
Top Bottom