queen conch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chizzle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I made a trip down to my LFS to improve my cleaning crew, and made some great purchases. One of which, though, was incorrectly labeled as a fighting conch. Once I got home & started looking at different pictures, and reading more about the species I realized I had received a queen conch instead. Right now he is about 3". I do know how big they can get & Im not thrilled about it, but my LFS only gives 1/2 of the selling price back in store credit if I return it. I got him for $5, so 2.50 isn't really worth it.

My question is basically how fast does he grow? We have a 75gal tank, so I'm basically wondering how long he will be comfortable in this tank?

TIA.

Not really just how big they get but that they will knock over rocks and corals. Almost like a bull in a china shop. It pays sometimes to research your tankmates before you buy. I personally dont see why he wont take it back at full price since he gave you bogus information. I would try anyway.

Hmm...maybe I'll give them a call about it tomorrow - they are closed right now. It's so incredibly frustrating though. I had done my research & knew the characteristic differences between the two, the needs, ect. ect, but I didn't know how to identify them separately. I guess I just always assumed my LFS would label correctly & not deceivingly :)

I assume the rock & coral knocking over comes from the sand burrowing, correct? Is the regular fighting conch not as big of a risk because it stays smaller?

Back
Top Bottom