Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M.Minogue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,im new.Which corals and fish can go in 150L tank with 12000L/H powerhead and 156W lighting?Thanks

Thank you,but ive already seen that.I was thinking if someone can tell me exactly what corals and fish i may have in such aquarium

Can i keep 2 clown fish,firefish and dwarf angelfish in there along with some sps and lps corals?I was thold that the waterflow is too much for this tank.The powerhead is sun sun jvp 202.It has two heads.

I guess it`s roughly a 35-40 gallon tank. I`m not too swift in calculating litres. As far as the fish lighting does not matter. It would help to know what type lighting you have so as to figure out how much intensity you have. Also as far as the fish since it`s going to be a reef you`ll need to make sure they are reef safe so they dont decimate your corals.

OK T5 lighting has plenty of intensity. You should be able to select from most corals with that. As far as fish a clown fish would be OK. A goby would look nice. What are your plans for the tank? Have you cycled the tank?

I would not suggest keeping a lion fish in the tank though. They are very messy eaters and will probably make a snack of your firefish and could eat the clowns as well. Even a small lion is a meany.

I was thinking about this:1 black nox angelfish(CENTROPYGE NOX ) or some other dwarf angel
2 clarkii clownfish( Amphiprion clarkii)
1 firefish(Nemateleotris magnifica).Is this ok?Can i have acropora,montipora or hydnopora in this aquarium?Zigy i dint mantion lionfish enywhere!

If you are going to have corals then I would skip the angel. They are not IMO reef safe. Most online places urge caution with them.

I will risk having nox because its one of my dream fish.Ive looked some web sites an they say that they can be reef safe with caution.I just cant skip that one!Does someone has expirience with reef ceramics?I was exploring something about them and peple say that is better than live rock because its porosity is better.What do you think?

I would say that nature knows best. Live rock is in the ocean therefore it is live rock that is in my system.

I dont have any info on synthetic or ceramic rocks, but like Ziggy, I try to keep everything as natural as possible.

Back
Top Bottom