Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I ran to the Lfs after work and they gave me a bitter of para guard they said to food the dosing instructions and add it directly to the tank they said it would be more forgiving than copper... Does this sound right?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Usually if something is more "forgiving" the. Another treatment, means its not as effective. (usually) as for the fw dips id stay away from them, only because it sounds as though your fish are already showig clear signs of hevy stress. Dipping them will likely escalate the issue

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #13

Unfortunately It was too late for my female but my male is still hanging in there I think if he pulls through tonight he should make it also I had another loss.... My three stipe was sitting next to a piece of live rock as I was watching the clowns and a mantis shrimp popped out of rock and got him right as I was watching. I have that piece of rock in a bucket of freshwater at the moment to extract the shrimp I didn't want to resort to killing him but I can never catch him and seeing him eat my fish was the last straw after all my crabs have been disappearing the past few monthsY
Old 08-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #14

If he comes out tonight maybe I can set up a small tank and sell him tomorrow but otherwise he's toast
Old 08-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acw90 View Post
I ran to the Lfs after work and they gave me a bitter of para guard they said to food the dosing instructions and add it directly to the tank they said it would be more forgiving than copper... Does this sound right?
The link below may answer your question

Para Guard on ich question.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Unfortunately It was too late for my female but my male is still hanging in there I think if he pulls through tonight he should make it also I had another loss.... My three stipe was sitting next to a piece of live rock as I was watching the clowns and a mantis shrimp popped out of rock and got him right as I was watching. I have that piece of rock in a bucket of freshwater at the moment to extract the shrimp I didn't want to resort to killing him but I can never catch him and seeing him eat my fish was the last straw after all my crabs have been disappearing the past few monthsY
If you put him in fresh water then it most likely killed him. Invert's can't handle salinity changes.

Quote:

Can you post updated pics of your sick fish?

For the record, you never want to add copper to a DT. I avoid any use of copper if it's at all possible.

Tags
question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com