Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via MSN to louherz
question about a condylactis moving

I have a large condylactis (sp) (only on anenome in the tank) It has been in one place for about 5 months. Today it moved up the live rock about 4 inches and it tenticles were waving onto some of my mushrooms and a hard brain coral, I quickly moved them. Will my anenome harm them? Thanks for any information,

PS, how do I get my pics to be under 100kbs??

louherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
The nematocysts from the condy will definately harm your corals. If you have moved/added anything recently it could have adjusted the flow in the tank or possibley it's time to change the bulbs. Anemones will not normally move once they find their "happy place" unless something changes.

Check Download.com for some photo editing freeware.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I've heard that Condys move a whole heck of a lot more often then regular anenomes tho.
30gal; Bala Shark, Pl*co
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
my condy is such a nuiassance, it constantly wonders around my tank stinging everything in its path. lately i have been able to keep him contained on one rock, and i just have to rotate the rock he is on to keep him from stinging everything. so it works out, its a hassel though.
good luck
one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish- Dr. Seuss
Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #5
Main things to be concerned about with any anemone is water flow and lighting. Until they have found the right conditions, they will rarely stay put long. It is possible for them to settle down and stay put, they simpley have not been able to find the "sweet spot" yet or more often, the spot they are looking for does not exist

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com