question about a condylactis moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louherz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a large condylactis (sp) (only on anenome in the tank) It has been in one place for about 5 months. Today it moved up the live rock about 4 inches and it tenticles were waving onto some of my mushrooms and a hard brain coral, I quickly moved them. Will my anenome harm them? Thanks for any information,

Louis

PS, how do I get my pics to be under 100kbs??

The nematocysts from the condy will definately harm your corals. If you have moved/added anything recently it could have adjusted the flow in the tank or possibley it's time to change the bulbs. Anemones will not normally move once they find their "happy place" unless something changes.

Check Download.com for some photo editing freeware.

Cheers
Steve

my condy is such a nuiassance, it constantly wonders around my tank stinging everything in its path. lately i have been able to keep him contained on one rock, and i just have to rotate the rock he is on to keep him from stinging everything. so it works out, its a hassel though.
good luck
mermaid

Main things to be concerned about with any anemone is water flow and lighting. Until they have found the right conditions, they will rarely stay put long. It is possible for them to settle down and stay put, they simpley have not been able to find the "sweet spot" yet or more often, the spot they are looking for does not exist :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom