Question About Controllable Electronic Ballasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishFan

Aquarium Advice Activist
In Robert M. Fenner's The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, he states on page 54 that:

"... For all types of flourescents, there are now electronic ballasts on the market that aquarists all ought to use... You can also set them up on dimmer controls to simulate dawn and twilight..."

WHERE? lol. I have never seen a setup like this. Anyone have an idea what he is talking about? I would LOVE to get one where each individual tube is set to come on at a certain time of the day! HELP!! PLEASE!! lol Thanks All :D [/i]

Ice cap ballasts are electronic and will run any type of floresceant out there...NO, HO, VHO and PC. Ice caps are dimmable.

but I dont want to sit there all evening playing with my dimmer ( no sexual innuendos all of you sickos out there, lol) I want it to be totally automated. Is that also possible with that setup? thanks Reefrunner! you have proved most helpful through all of these trials and tribulations of a new setup!

but I dont want to sit there all evening playing with my dimmer ( no sexual innuendos all of you sickos out there, lol) I want it to be totally automated. Is that also possible with that setup?

Yep, the ice cap dimmer is totally automated and programmable for seasons and phases of the moon and cloudy days etc...it is also expensive ;)

Ohh God, here we go. All good things come to an end. How much we talking Reefy? Or should I just mail the company my arms and legs now? :(

It does help with the fish, correct? As in allowing the fish to do better in the more natural setting? along with the corals and anemones enjoying it ALOT more! Correct?

Back
Top Bottom